The use of electronic cigarettes or e-cigs has increased dramatically since 2010 – but this rise in their use has also seen an increase in safety concerns. There have been a number of incidents involving e-cigarette chargers, in particular where the e-cigs have been charged incorrectly leading to them exploding and causing serious fires or injuries.
Teynham man, Mark Stockdale, has been speaking about his shock after his e-cigarette exploded in his home after it was charged incorrectly. Following this latest incident, Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) is once again reminding e-cig smokers of the dangers of using incorrect chargers. KFRS and Kent Trading Standards are working together to promote safety advice through businesses selling e-cigarettes and mobile phone chargers to help people understand the dangers of using fake or incorrect chargers.
For more information please visit: www.kent.fire-uk.org or to report suspected counterfeit chargers: www.kent.gov.uk/tradingstandards